Midway University works hard to maintain safe and secure campus facilities.
The Campus Security Department is a support service, charged with enforcing Midway University policies and regulations while maintaining a safe and secure environment for the campus community. The department is staffed with a Director, Assistant Director, and four full time security officers.
The Campus Security Department is staffed 24-hours a day seven days a week all year round. The Campus Security Department has a close working relationship with the Versailles Police Department, Woodford County Sheriff’s Office and Local Fire Departments.
The Campus Security Officers are not police officers and do not maintain legal authority to arrest individuals. They do maintain the authority to detain any individual(s) if the need arises.
The university encourages anyone who believes a crime or violation of university policy has occurred to report it to either the Versailles Police Department or Campus Security.
The Campus Security Department’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Securing campus buildings and facilities
- Responding to any emergency on campus
- Responding to and investigating any campus fire alarm
- Registering of student, faculty and staff member parking permits
- Enforcing of campus parking regulations
- Providing student, faculty/staff escorts on campus
- Reporting and responding to campus maintenance situations
- Enforcing Midway University policies and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment for the campus community
- Investigating and reporting criminal incidents
- Planning and Providing special event security
- Providing educational programs and training
- Compiling and maintaining all data used for Cleary and Minger Reports
- Patrolling campus and make routine security checks of buildings
- Recording officer activity for statistical analysis through the Campus Security Portal
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Location: Little Memorial Library Basement, 512 East Stephens Street, Midway, KY 40347
Sexual Discrimination and Misconduct Policy
Midway University is committed to providing a workplace and educational environment, as well as other benefits, programs, and activities, that are free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. To ensure compliance with federal and state civil rights laws and regulations, and to affirm its commitment to promoting the goals of fairness and equity in all aspects of the educational program or activity, Midway University has developed internal policies and procedures that provide a prompt, fair, and impartial process for those involved in an allegation of discrimination or harassment on the basis of protected class status, and for allegations of retaliation. Midway University values and upholds the equal dignity of all members of its community and strives to balance the rights of the parties in the grievance process during what is often a difficult time for all those involved.
View the Sexual Discrimination and Misconduct Policy
Complaints or notice of alleged policy violations, or inquiries about or concerns regarding this policy and procedures, may be made internally to Joseph Ryan, Dean of Students and Title IX Coordinator.