Midway University works hard to maintain safe and secure campus facilities.
The Campus Security Department is a support service, charged with enforcing Midway University policies and regulations while maintaining a safe and secure environment for the campus community. The department is staffed with a Director, Assistant Director, and four full time security officers.
The Campus Security Department is staffed 24-hours a day seven days a week all year round. The Campus Security Department has a close working relationship with the Versailles Police Department, Woodford County Sheriff’s Office and Local Fire Departments.
The Campus Security Officers are not police officers and do not maintain legal authority to arrest individuals. They do maintain the authority to detain any individual(s) if the need arises.
The university encourages anyone who believes a crime or violation of university policy has occurred to report it to either the Versailles Police Department or Campus Security.
The Campus Security Department’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Securing campus buildings and facilities
- Responding to any emergency on campus
- Responding to and investigating any campus fire alarm
- Registering of student, faculty and staff member parking permits
- Enforcing of campus parking regulations
- Providing student, faculty/staff escorts on campus
- Reporting and responding to campus maintenance situations
- Enforcing Midway University policies and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment for the campus community
- Investigating and reporting criminal incidents
- Planning and Providing special event security
- Providing educational programs and training
- Compiling and maintaining all data used for Cleary and Minger Reports
- Patrolling campus and make routine security checks of buildings
- Recording officer activity for statistical analysis through the Campus Security Portal
512 East Stephens Street
Midway, KY 40347
Building: Little Memorial Library Basement
For more information on our overall campus safety, please refer to these annual reports.
Michael Minger Act
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report