Effective August 15, all students, faculty, staff, and visitors must wear masks while indoors regardless of vaccination status. This includes classrooms, hallways, lobby areas, dining facilities (when not eating or drinking), barns, and other designated areas. Masks are required in the Medical Clinic, as this is considered a medical facility and masks are also required while in the Athletic Training area.
Individuals who are unable to wear face coverings due to a medical or behavioral condition or disability may wear an alternate face covering, such as a shield. Students who require accommodations must contact our Accommodations Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps. Faculty and Staff or campus visitors who require accommodations should contact the Office of Human Resources.
The ongoing need for masks in campus spaces will be assessed regularly based on community transmission rates and guidance from federal, state, and local public health agencies.
We strongly encourage all students living on campus, participating in intercollegiate athletics, and attending classes on campus to be vaccinated, but it is not required. Students are encouraged to upload their COVID vaccine documentation into the Healthy Roster system. This helps for quarantine determinations, if necessary.
Before arriving to campus, all students must submit one of the following into the Healthy Roster system:
- Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination series:
- Date of final dose must be received 14-days or more before arrival to campus.
- Proof of negative (-) COVID-19 test result dates within 3-days prior to arrival to campus:
- Rapid or PCR test results only. COVID-19 antibody tests will not be accepted.
- Proof of positive (+) COVID-19 test result up to 90-days prior to entering campus:
- Students who have tested positive for COVID-19 within 90-days of their return to campus date are exempt from providing a negative test result to return to campus, provided that they are asymptomatic at the time of return and that they provide documentation of the positive test which includes the date of the test.
At this point in time, the daily health check app submission will not be required. We ask students, faculty, and staff to be diligent in continuing to self-monitor their health and symptoms. We will have an on-campus medical clinic, at least three days per week (and access to TeleHealth services at other times).
Per the current CDC guidelines, we encourage individuals to maintain some level of social distancing even if vaccinated.
Yes through the 2021 fall semester.
We will follow quarantine and isolation protocols, as determined by the Kentucky Department of Public Health. We will maintain an on-campus space for isolation. Per the CDC guidelines, unvaccinated students who have been exposed will be required to leave campus and quarantine offsite, at their own expense.