MSN Admission & Program Requirements
Applications to the MSN program will be reviewed throughout the year. It is strongly recommended that prospective students complete the application process 2-3 months prior to the semester within which they would like to begin matriculating.
- Complete the application process for Midway University.
- Complete the application process for the MSN Nursing Program including the following:
- Must have BSN degree from CCNE, ACEN, or CNEA accredited program whose parent institution is regionally accredited. Degrees from foreign institutions will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university attended.
- Recommend a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in nursing (on a 4.0 scale).
- Must hold current and unencumbered registered nurse (RN) license in Kentucky or compact state.
- Submit professional resume or curriculum vitae.
- Submit the following: evidence of immunizations or titer showing immunity for measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), Hepatitis B, TDAP; Varicella; Influenza; current negative tuberculin skin test or T-spot; current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers certification; and letter from health insurance company with evidence of health insurance prior to beginning practicum rotation to meet the health criteria of clinical facilities.
RN (ADN)-MSN Program
In addition to the above admission requirements, applicants to the RN (ADN)-MSN option must also include the following admission criteria:
- Must have ADN degree from ACEN or CNEA accredited program whose parent institution is regionally accredited. Degrees from foreign institutions will be reviewed on an individual basis.
In addition to meeting the above requirements for admission, applicants who fall into any of the following categories should supply an official TOEFL score:
- Born outside the United States;
- For whom English is a second language;
- Have a degree or transcripts from a non-U.S. institution.
A score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 79-80 (Internet based) or higher on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) will be required of those who are not U.S. citizens and for whom English is not a first language. The TOEFL is offered at several locations within the University’s service area.
- 36 hours of graduate credits in nursing for the education track; 36 hours of graduate credits in nursing and business administration for the administration track.
- Minimum of 30 hours of graduate credits earned in residence at Midway University.
- Earn a minimum grade of B in all graduate nursing courses.
- Students must meet all Midway University graduation requirements for the Masters degree.
- Full-time students must complete degree requirements within six (6) semesters, and part-time students within nine (9) semesters, from time of entry into the MSN program.