Department of Education

Department of Education

100% Pass Rate

100% Pass Rate

All Midway teacher education graduates pass the provisional licensure exam

Education Studies

Education Studies

This degree is a non-certification program for studies who don't need to take state licensure exam

Midway University’s Department of Education has a long history of producing some of the best teachers in Kentucky. From kindergarten to high school classrooms, our graduates go on to become leaders who make a difference in their students’ lives.

When you enroll in one of our programs, you’ll receive personalized attention and hands-on experience that will give you the skills and confidence you need to start your teaching career.

As a student you’ll learn from experienced faculty members committed to your success as a student and as a future teacher. Our teacher degree programs combine a solid curriculum with practical, hands-on experience. You can earn your degree in Elementary (P-5), Middle School (5-9), Secondary (English, Biology, Mathematics) or teaching to students with learning and behavior disorders.

You will be prepared to excel.

An amazing 100 percent of Midway’s Teacher Education graduates receive provisional licensure to teach in Kentucky following graduation.

You will get classroom experience.

All Teacher Education students must complete 12 semester hours of student teaching during their time at Midway. This experience will give you an opportunity to observe veteran teachers and use skills you’ve learned in the classroom.

If your future is in education, Midway is the place where your dream will become your career.

Midway University Data Dashboard

Program Admission Requirements

Once accepted into Midway University, students must apply and be accepted into the Teacher Education program. Read our admission requirements for teacher education.

Degree Programs

Undergraduate Degree Programs

Online Degree Programs

Graduate Degree Programs

Dual Certifications

Elementary and Middle School program students may gain dual certification in the areas of English, math, science and social studies. Students should consult with their advisor about the requirements for these certifications.

Midway University makes every effort to ensure state licensure or certification information is current; however, state requirements may change. 

If you are planning to pursue professional licensure or certification in a state other than Kentucky, you should contact the appropriate licensing entity in that state to seek information and guidance regarding licensure or certification requirements before beginning an academic program.