All coursework for this degree is offered online
Considering Graduate School?
This degree program can also prepare you to pursue graduate study in certain specialized sub-fields of psychology (e.g. counseling, child development or educational psychology).
Psychology involves the scientific study of individual behavior and mental processes.
Earning a psychology degree can open up a world of career options including the fields of human services, including therapeutic, industrial, educational or governmental positions.
Midway University’s 100% Online Psychology degree program is a great choice for students. This degree at Midway is a generalist program emphasizing fundamental topics across the breadth of the psychology discipline.
Unique aspects of our degree program include a one-semester practicum in a community agency and a capstone senior seminar in which students have the option to produce original research.
The B.A. in Psychology degree program can also prepare you to pursue graduate study in certain specialized sub-fields of psychology (e.g. counseling, child development or educational psychology).
Get the Skills You Need to Change the World
The student who graduates with a degree in Psychology will:
- Develop a foundation of knowledge to support core studies in Psychology, including basic knowledge of research methods and statistics.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of the core areas of Psychology supporting the research areas of the EPPP, Kentucky State Board of Psychology, the Profiles of Undergraduate Programs in Psychology APA, 2005 industry norms of by four-year liberal arts colleges/universities.
- Demonstrate knowledge in specific areas of interest outside of the Psychology core.
- Explore the Psychology profession through capstone experience that integrates theory and practice, emphasizes leadership, and provides opportunities to evaluate future directions.
The opportunities for professionals engaged in the psychology field are vast. Career options for B.A. in Psychology graduates include but are not limited to:
- Clinical and counseling psychologist/assistant
- Social worker
- Marketing researcher
- School /student wellness advisor
- Rehabilitation center assistant
- Data analyst
Why Midway University?
Faculty– Our program faculty are doctoral-level clinicians
100% Online– All psychology major courses can be completed 100% online to fit our students’ busy schedules.
Personal Attention– Midway provides a high level of service to our students.
Affordable– We offer competitive tuition rates and several payment options.
Responsive– Faculty support students and are responsive to their individualized needs.
|Course Number||Name of Course||Credit Hours|
General Education Requirements
Major Course Requirements
|PSY 180||General Psychology||3|
|PSY 260||Human Growth and Development||3|
|CRJ 312||Social Psychology||3|
|PSY 315||Physiological Psychology||3|
|PSY 320||Abnormal Psychology||3|
|PSY 330||Personality and Adjustment||3|
|PSY 337||Counseling Theory & Techniques||3|
|PSY 355||Research Methods||3|
|PSY 401||History and Systems of Psychology||3|
|PSY 405||The Psychology Profession||3|
|PSY 410||Community Service Practicum||3|
|PSY 415||Senior Project Demonstrating Excellence||3|
|MTH 245||Probability and Statistics (Prerequisite MTH 140)||3|
Choose two from the following:
|PSY 265||Multicultural Psychology||3|
|PSY 301||Patterns of Human Sexuality||3|
|PSY 307||Kinesic Interviewing||3|
|PSY 321||Psychology of Gender||3|
|PSY 336||Learning and Cognition||3|
|PSY 350||Forensic Psychology||3|
Total Credit Hours