Online Education Studies Degree in Math
Midway University’s online Education Studies Math emphasis major is designed for students who do not need teacher certification because they do not intend to teach in the United States, or whose career goal is to hold a paraprofessional position in a school, or who intend to go directly into a Master of Teaching (MAT) program.
The program does not require completion of PRAXIS I, PRAXIS II, student teaching, or the methods courses.
Student Learning Outcomes of Program
- Demonstrate a current and sufficient academic knowledge of certified content areas to develop student knowledge and performance in those areas.
- Design/plan instruction that develops student abilities to use communication skills, apply core concepts, become self-sufficient individuals, become responsible team members, think and solve problems, and integrate knowledge.
- Create a learning climate that supports the development of student abilities to use communication skills, apply core concepts, become self-sufficient individuals, become responsible team members, think and solve problems, and integrate knowledge.
- Introduce/implement, manage instruction that develops student abilities to use communication skills, apply core concepts, become self-sufficient individuals, become responsible team members, think and solve problems, and integrate knowledge.
- Assess learning and communicate results to students and others with respect to student abilities to use communication skills, apply core concepts, become self-sufficient individuals, become responsible team members, think and solve problems, and integrate knowledge.
- Use technology to support instruction; access and manipulate data; enhance professional growth and productivity; communicate and collaborate with colleagues, parents, and the community; and conduct research.
- Reflect on and evaluate specific teaching/learning situations and/or programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues, parents, and other agencies to design, implement, and support learning programs that develop student abilities to use communication skills, apply core concepts, become self-sufficient individuals, become responsible team members, think and solve problems, and integrate knowledge.
- Evaluate his/her overall performance with respect to modeling and teaching Kentucky’s learning goals, refine the skills and processes necessary, and implement a professional development plan.
- Provide professional leadership within the school, community, and education profession to improve student learning and well-being.
90% of students receive some form of financial assistance
meet faculty face-to-face to get in-person assistance even as an online student
Frequently Asked Questions
We offer a simple online application process. Create your account, submit all materials and track your application status conveniently online. Paper application forms are available for download if needed. Admissions Counselors are available to assist you with the application process and answer any questions you may have about Midway University and our programs. Give them a call at 1.800.952.4122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific admissions details are available for:
Students are eligible as “full-time and “part-time” students for Federal loans and may be eligible for Federal and/or State grants. (A full-time student is a student taking 12 credit hours or more per term; a part-time student is a student taking 6-12 credit hours.)
Visit Financial Aid for more details.
Midway University works hard to provide quality degree programs at an affordable price for our students. Our online and evening undergraduate and graduate programs’ tuition is based on the number of credit hours taken each module. You can review our current credit hour tuition rates and fees online.
Make sure you get the whole picture before making your decision. First, complete your FAFSA so you can see what financial aid you are eligible to receive and complete your application. Once you are admitted to Midway University, you can meet with our Financial Aid Office to discuss all the eligible aid (federal, state and institutional) that you have access to. This is the only way to figure out the true cost and if you will have any out-of-pocket expenses to cover. We also have specific resource information for military students.
Midway University accepts transfer credits from regionally accredited institutions that are 100-level or higher with a grade of “C” or better. At the time of admission, our Admissions Counselors will provide an unofficial evaluation of your transfer credit. An official evaluation will be completed by the Registrar’s Office after acceptance.
Specific admissions details are available for:
University credit can be earned for knowledge gained through prior work and learning experience depending upon the nature and scope of the experience. Students can earn up to 21 credit hours towards an undergraduate degree program based on assessment. Review the Credit for Prior Learning webpage or section in the catalog for more information.
Midway University’s Student Success Center provides both Academic Support and Career Services resources for all Midway students. Academic Support includes one-on-one tutoring, small group tutoring and virtual (or online) tutoring. Workshops are held throughout the year to support student learning.
Career Services resources are available to students, alumni and others within our community to help them gain relevant and practical career readiness training through education and experiential learning within internships, job shadowing, career counseling and strategic corporate partnerships.
Don’t see your question here? Our admissions staff would be happy to discuss our online degree programs with you and answer your questions. Get the conversation started by calling us at 800.952.4122 or by email at email@example.com.
A Peek Inside Our Program
You will earn your online Education Studies Degree in Math by completing 120 credit hours. Depending on credits transferred or credits earned through our Credit for Prior Learning program, that time could be a lot less.
|Course Number||Name of Course||Credit Hours|
General Education Requirements
|EDU 103||Introduction to Education||3|
|EDU 108||Introduction to Teacher Education Concentrations||3|
|EDU 201||Technology in the Educational Setting||3|
|EDU 305||Classroom Mgt/Theory||3|
|EDU 314||Multicultural Education||3|
|EDU 315||The Exceptional Child and Legal Aspects of Special Education||3|
|EDU 338||Foundations of Literacy||3|
|EDU 499||Studies in Education Field Experience Practicum||6|
|PSY 260||Human Growth and Development||3|
|MTH 140||College Algebra||3|
|MTH 145||Finite Mathematics||3|
|EDU 202||Mathematics for Teachers I||3|
|MTH 220||Calculus I||4|
|MTH 222||Calculus II||4|
|MTH 230||College Geometry||3|
|MTH 245||Probability and Statistics (Prerequisite MTH 140)||3|
|EDU 302||Mathematics for Teachers II||3|
Total Credit Hours