Business Administration Accounting
According to industry employment placement firm expert Robert Half, accounting is a growing career option and offers lots of job potential
Midway offers competitive tuition rates and assists students with financial aid
Midway University’s Online Business Administration Accounting degree is a great choice for students looking to enter the field of accounting.
The Business Administration Accounting concentration at Midway University is designed to prepare learners for leadership positions in the fast-growing and challenging field of accounting.
Robert Half, a leading employment placement firm, estimates an 18% to 26% increase in accounting jobs during the next few years, and clearly the profession has grown into being much more than just “numbers crunching.” Accounting professionals perform vital functions for their clients or organizations by offering an increasingly wide array of services.
The Business Administration Accounting degree meets the course requirements to sit for the CPA exam. Kentucky, along with most other states, requires candidates who sit for the CPA exam to have completed 150 hours of coursework, including a baccalaureate degree. Students interested in sitting for the CPA exam must complete a minimum of 27 hours in Accounting so students can add courses ACC 409 and/or ACC 444.
This concentration exposes students to four significant areas of accounting, including:
- Auditing procedures, generally accepted auditing standards and other standards related to attest engagements, and the skills needed to apply that knowledge.
- Knowledge of general business environment and business concepts that professionals need to know to understand the underlying business reasons for, and accounting implications of, business transactions, and the skills needed to apply that knowledge.
- Generally accepted accounting training and principles for business enterprises, not-for-profit organizations and governmental entities, and the skills needed to apply that knowledge.
- Knowledge of federal taxation, ethics, professional and legal responsibilities, and business law, and the skills needed to apply that knowledge.
Why Choose Midway University?
- Personal Attention – Midway provides a high level of service to our students.
- Flexibility – Online and evening courses help students have more flexibility in their schedule.
- Affordable – We offer competitive tuition rates and several payment options.
- Responsive – Faculty support students and are responsive to their individualized needs.
|Course Number||Name of Course||Credit Hours|
General Education Requirements
Major Course Requirements
|BUS 230||Principles of Management||3|
|BUS 255||Principles of Marketing||3|
|BUS 313||Business and Organizational Communication||3|
|BUS 319||Business Research Methods||3|
|BUS 321||Managerial Finance||3|
|BUS 340||Legal Environment of Business||3|
|BUS 390||Global Business||3|
|BUS 490||Business Capstone||3|
|ACC 210||Principles of Accounting I||3|
|ACC 215||Principles of Accounting II||3|
|CIS 235||Application Software||3|
|CIS 330||Introduction to Management Information Systems||3|
|ECO 217||Principles of Micro Economics||3|
|ECO 220||Principles of Macro Economics||3|
|MTH 139||Introduction to Statistics||3|
Accounting Concentration Requirements
|ACC 370||Intermediate Accounting I||3|
|ACC 371||Intermediate Accounting II||3|
|ACC 380||Cost Accounting I||3|
|ACC 408||Federal Tax I||3|
|ACC 425||Auditing: Theory & Practice I||3|
|ACC 435||Advanced Accounting||3|
CPA Exam (add)
|ACC 409||Federal Tax II||3|
|ACC 444||Accounting Information Systems||3|
Total Credit Hours