May 15, 2021
Our Commencement ceremony was held in-person on Saturday, May 15.
Any questions regarding Commencement should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a link to the Commencement Briefing held via Zoom on Thursday, May 13 at 11 a.m. Use code 6#qBUz+@ to access.
Proper Name Pronunciation
Graduates may use this phone line 859.846.5432 to call in and record the proper pronunciation of your name to assist Dr. Carrie Christensen who will read your name as you come on stage during Commencement.
Campus Arrival on Commencement Day
All traffic will use the farm entrance and campus security will direct you to the appropriate parking areas. Gates open and check-in will begin at 8:30. Students participating in Commencement must be lined up by 10 a.m. Graduates and their guests are asked to ride together and have no more than 2 vehicles. This will help us get everyone parked quickly and through the check-in process.
Only those students who have already paid their graduation fee and other account balances will receive their diplomas at Commencement. Please contact the Business Office with any account balance questions.
The final deadline to order regalia was April 15. All graduates participating in Commencement are required to wear regalia.
Students may order official Midway University Commencement announcements online with Balfour or call 800.433.0296. When ordering, they will need to know your official degree and major. Minors, emphases, concentrations, or honors can be included.
Graduation Cap Decoration Guidelines
Midway University’s Commencement ceremony is a dignified celebration of the achievement of its students. Decorations on the graduation cap are a representation of the pride and accomplishment for the student. In keeping with the significance of this event, the following guidelines must be followed for graduation cap decorations.
- Decorations may not interfere with the attachment of the tassel to the cap or its movement from right to left.
- Only the flat top of the cap may be decorated.
- Decorations must not obscure anyone sitting behind the graduate and may not include lights or noise that may interfere with the ceremony.
- Caps must not threaten the safety of others, include any hate speech; inappropriate, offensive, or profane language; advertisements; or any negative speech toward any individual, institution, and/or the University, its faculty, staff, or any student.
- If you are unsure if your cap meets these guidelines you may contact the Office of Academic Affairs at email@example.com for guidance.
- Any cap deemed not meeting these guidelines will not be permitted to be worn in the Commencement ceremony and may impact ability to participate in the ceremony. It will be the student’s responsibility to obtain a replacement cap should their cap be disqualified.
Commencement was live-streamed and recorded on the University’s YouTube channel.
If you have general questions about Commencement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org