Midway University will hold its Commencement service on Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 11 a.m.
Graduation Registration – Students wishing to graduate must complete an application for degree form with the Registrar’s Office.
Graduate Fair – Students can purchase all graduation supplies at this event. Dates will be published on the MyMidway portal.
Ordered Regalia/Commencement Supplies – www.nastraditions.com/midway-university.html.
Commencement Rehearsal – Don’t miss this key event to get prepared for commencement services. Typically this is held on Friday before graduation at 11 a.m. Instructions are given for both inside and outside commencement set-ups.
Seating and Tickets
Outdoor Ceremony – No tickets are required if Commencement is held outdoors in the Graves Amphitheater; however, seating is limited. We recommend that you bring a folding chair or blanket in case all pre-set chairs are taken. Guests are encouraged to arrive early.
There will also be seating in the Duthie Auditorium in the Anne Hart Raymond Center, where the ceremony will be streaming live. The auditorium is air-conditioned and has padded seats for those guests who may have some physical restrictions.
Indoor Ceremony – No tickets are needed if the ceremony is held indoors, however seating in the Marshall Gymnasium is limited due to the Fire Marshall’s regulations. We encourage all guests to arrive early. If the gymnasium reaches capacity, all other guests will be asked to view commencement via telecast in the AHR Auditorium.
The decision to move the ceremony indoors will be made by 8 a.m. the morning of Commencement. If the location of the ceremony is changed, a message will be sent via One Call Now and the information will be posted on the Portal.
All participants in the Commencement processional should be lined up at 10:00 a.m. If the ceremony is outdoors, graduates should line up in the lobby of the Anne Hart Raymond Center. If Commencement is moved indoors, please line up in the Piper Dining Hall in the McManis Student Center.
As you arrive on campus, traffic will be directed to your right. Please follow the directions of the Security Officers who will be at the front entrance of the college. If you will be transporting a person who requires special accommodations, please notify Student Affairs before May 9, and you will be given a pass for one of the limited number of reserved spaces. This pass must be displayed on your dashboard on the day of Commencement.
It is very possible that there will not be enough reserved spaces. If this occurs, inform the Security Officer at the entrance bridge and arrangements will be made for you to drop off your passenger. If you have any questions about parking before May 9, please call Student Affairs at 859-846-5390.
You will have three photo opportunities at Commencement – when you receive your diploma, as you are coming off the stage after receiving your diploma, and a posed photo before the ceremony. Photo packages, prices and times of posed photos vary and will be handled by photographer Mark Mahan. For additional information contact him at 859-621-9526 or email email@example.com.
After commencement photos can be viewed and ordered from the online gallery.
Graduates will receive diploma covers when their name is read at Commencement. All diplomas will be mailed to the graduates at their permanent home addresses after final transcripts have been verified. It is important that the address on file with the University is accurate. Please verify your information with the Registrar’s Office. Contact the Registrar Office if you have any questions and or need additional information (firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-846-5728).
The Commencement program will be streamed live beginning at 10:30 a.m. via the internet. The streaming will be broadcast through the University’s YouTube Channel.
It is the University’s desire that the graduation ceremony reflect the honor, respect, and dignity of this important day. In keeping with these goals, we ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- Please silence all noise making electronic devices during the ceremony.
- No noise-making devices, bull horns, glass bottles, or cans are allowed.
- We ask that you be respectful of graduates and other guests by holding applause and celebration until after all graduates have walked across the stage.
- Guests may honor their graduate by standing when their graduate’s name is announced.
- Please keep young children with you at all times.
- Guests should remain seated until the ceremony comes to a close and the procession has ended. Every graduate has worked hard to earn this day and having guests leave during the ceremony is disruptive.
- If we are in the gym and should the need arise that you must leave the ceremony, please exit through one of the rear doors.
- Personal photography or videography is allowed during Commencement but individuals are asked to not approach the stage at any time or block the aisle and to respect other audience members and not block their view. There are professional photographers working during this event to ensure that a quality image is captured of this special moment. In addition, please do not stand near any of the video equipment or on the cords as this could impact the live broadcast of this event.
Have an additional questions or concerns regarding Commencement or any other year-end activities? Contact the Student Affairs Office at 859-846-5390