Tuition & Fees
Tuition costs at Midway University are the same for all in-state and out-of-state students. The
2017 – 2018 tuition and fee charges are effective beginning July 1, 2017.
|Tuition, Housing, & Required Fees*
||Full-Time Rate Per Semester
||Per Credit Hour Rate
Full-Time (12 to 18 hours)
Summer Term 2017
Summer Term 2018
|Evening & Online Undergraduate
|Room & Board
||Undergraduate Students Per Semester
|Buster Hall (Double)
Buster Hall (Triple)
Belle Wisdom Hall (Double)
Belle Wisdom Hall (Triple)
Board1 – 19‐meals per week
Board2 – 19 meals per week + 100 dining dollars
Board3 – 14 meals per week
||Evening & Online Undergraduate
& Graduate Students
Student Activity Fee
$150/per online course
1 – Standard meal plan required for students living in Belle and Buster
2 – Belle and Buster students may select dining dollars rate, but it is optional
3 – Only available to students in Peterson House, Yellow House or Frankfort Apartments
**Learning Management System (LMS) Fee waived temporarily
*Some courses may require additional fees.Tuition and Fee Schedule 2017-18
What is the Technology Fee?
The technology fee helps cover costs associated with providing technology support to all students. The fee is to ensure that our Information Technology Service Department has the means to provide excellent technological service to students.
What is the Student Activity Fee?
The student activity fee helps fund the many clubs and organizations that provide programming and services to the campus. This fee assists in paying speakers, entertainers, providing resource materials for activities and off campus trips provided by the Student Affairs office.
What is the LMS Fee?
In order to operate and provide online courses the University utilizes a learning management system (LMS). Students who utilize the LMS system for online courses are charged a fee (per online course) which helps maintain and support that system, including hardware, software and student service support.
What are the Course Fees?
Many classes require additional supplies that are outside the normal cost of providing a course. These items include art supplies, laboratory equipment and supplies, special software licenses, equine-related supplies and more. Each course that has a fee associated with it is charged once per term/per course and calculated as the student registers for that particular course. Tuition and Fee Schedule 2017-18.
- The term Undergraduate students at Midway University refers to students enrolled in our 16 week semester-based classes.
- Full-time status is achieved for Undergraduate students when enrolled in at least 12 credit hours per semester. Undergraduate students taking less than 12 hours should use the per credit hour rate to calculate tuition for the semester.
- There is no additional tuition charge for Undergraduate students enrolled in more than 18 credit hours. The Vice President of Academic Affairs and the student’s advisor must give approval prior to the student registering for more than 18 hours.
- All Evening & Online Undergraduate and Graduate students are charged on a per credit hour basis.
- Undergraduate students pay per credit hour rates for summer term courses.