My Aid Awards
Now that you have completed the application process and received notice of your financial aid award, there are a few more items you need to take care of to ensure you get your award and are prepared to begin classes.
- Check out your financial aid package. Once your financial aid package is complete, you will receive an email letting you know that your financial aid package is ready to review online. You can login to the MyMidway portal to access Self Service. At that time, you will be able to accept or decline each of the financial aid options available to you. First time borrowers of Stafford student loans will complete entrance counseling and a promissory note (more below).
- Read ALL financial aid awards policies below. Accepting your award offer from Midway University means you have read and understand our Financial Aid policies. The information is very important and should be kept for your records. You may request a paper copy of these policies by contacting the Financial Aid Office or download a copy.
- Continuation of financial aid is not automatic. Students must reapply each year by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov as soon as possible after October 1st (Midway’s School Code: 001975).
- Awards are adjusted according to enrollment status. Adding or dropping courses at any time during the semester may result in an adjustment of your awards. Students should contact our office when considering enrollment changes.
|Full Time||Half time||Three-quarter time||Less than half time|
12 or more credit hours
6 to 8 credit hours
9 to 11 credit hours
Less than 6 credit hours
- Students who withdraw from school must notify the Financial Aid Office. Students earn the financial aid they receive at the beginning of the term by completing coursework, so students can lose financial aid by failing to complete all courses in a term. This can result in a balance owed to the University. Financial aid is adjusted based on the University’s refund policy, federal refund policies, and the date of withdrawal.
- Students must notify the Financial Aid Office of any outside scholarships or awards (i.e., external scholarships, grants, veteran’s benefits, employer reimbursements).
- Students must maintain good academic standing and make satisfactory academic progress in order to continue to receive financial aid. Read our policies for satisfactory progress.
- If there is a credit on the account after enrollment is verified and financial aid is disbursed, you will receive a credit balance check. Checks are issued from the Business Office and are mailed after the second week of class once your attendance is confirmed by the professor. If you wish to use your expected credit for book purchases, you should contact the Business Office at 859-846-5402 or email@example.com.
- Account balances not covered by financial aid must be paid before the beginning of each term. Contact the Business Office at 859-846-5402 or firstname.lastname@example.org for payment and payment plan options.
- The Financial Aid Office reserves the right to adjust/cancel awards based on enrollment status, availability of funds, and any outside scholarships or reimbursements you may receive.
- Complete Loan Counseling & Promissory Note (First Time Borrowers only) If you are accepting Federal Direct Loans for the first time, you must complete the TWO items described below at www.studentloans.gov. Note: You will only need to complete each of these items one time while you are a Midway University student.
- Entrance Counseling – Federal regulations require that you receive information about your rights and responsibilities as a student loan borrower. Please complete Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov. Click on the “Entrance Counseling” link, and then sign in to the secure website using your FSA ID to complete the counseling online.
- Master Promissory Note (MPN) – The MPN is a legally binding agreement stating that the borrower promises to repay the principal with interest. Please complete the MPN at www.studentloans.gov. Click on the “Master Promissory Note” link, and then sign in to the secure website using your FSA ID to complete the MPN online for a “Subsidized/Unsubsidized” loan type.
Need help? Contact us! Our friendly and knowledgeable staff in the Financial Aid Office is here to give you the individual attention you need to understand and evaluate all of your financial aid options.We can be reached Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 859.846.5410 or by email at email@example.com.