Midway University is a “homeschool friendly” university. We welcome students who have been homeschooled based on their high school GPA and SAT/ACT scores, just like any other freshman. This is a guide for helping you understand the University requirements but we encourage you to contact us so we can assess your individual educational background as they relate to our admission requirements.
Please visit our catalog to review the requirements for admission.
- Apply Online – A $30 application fee is required for all applications. Applicants can pay using credit card immediately after completing the electronic application. Applications will not be processed until the fee is received.
- Attach Homeschool Credit Evaluation that outlines the courses studied while in high school (see example below).
- Take the American College Test (ACT and/or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and have the scores sent to Midway University. Our code is 1528 for the ACT and 1467 for the SAT.
Example of Homeschool Academic Documentation:
- Course Subject: Algebra I
- Textbook: Algebra I – Saxon
- Grade Level: 9
- Primary Teacher: Parent
- Course Grade: A
- Course Description: Introduces algebraic concepts; emphasizes the theory and application of variables, graphing, linear equations and inequalities, radical expressions, and quadratics; solving problems using quadratic equations, calculators, and computers.