At Midway University we do everything possible to make the college experience achievable and affordable. That is why we have developed a comprehensive program of merit scholarship opportunities as well as athletic, talent, and need-based scholarships. Each year, over 90 percent of our students participate in our financial assistance programs.
Below is an overview of our Undergraduate Institutional merit, athletic, talent and academic scholarship programs as well as scholarships for evening/online students and Graduate Assistantships. Our Admissions Office and Financial Aid Office are happy to discuss these with students during campus visits, open houses or by calling or scheduling an appointment.
For scholarship consideration, students must be enrolled as an Undergraduate student and attend full-time. Scholarship eligibility is determined during application and admission to Midway University. Most institutional scholarships are renewable for up to four years when a student meets the renewal requirements outlined for the specific award. Students may only receive one scholarship from each category (i.e. 1 Merit + 1 Athletic or Talent + 1 Other).
All Midway University scholarship awards are for the full academic year and are split evenly between the fall and spring semester only.
Traditional Undergraduate Student Scholarships
Students can only receive one merit scholarship.
Type A Academic Merit Scholarships
Ruth Slack Roach Leadership Scholarship Program
The purpose of the Midway University Ruth Slack Roach Leadership Scholarship program (RSR) is to develop women as leaders dedicated to personal and community service exemplified in the life of Ruth Slack Roach. Community Service and Leadership development requirements: Current female students, seeking a BA/BS degree, has 60 earned credit hours and a minimum of 3.0 GPA. Requires on campus residency. Earning this award supersedes all other Midway University awards. International students are not eligible for this scholarship.
High academic achievement award
- High school GPA of 3.7 or higher
- ACT- 28; SAT- equivalent score to ACT level
- Completed admissions application
- Must be a U.S. citizen and compete during Scholarship Day on campus (interview/essay)
Two full tuition awards per year will be decided by faculty and is renewable for up to 4 years with a renewal GPA of 3.5 or higher. Earning this award supersedes all other Midway University awards. International students are not eligible for this scholarship.
New Freshman Merit Scholarships
- Trustee – $11,000 award for up to 4 years
- President – $10,000 award for up to 4 years
- Provost – $8,000 award for up to 4 years
- Dean – $7,000 award for up to 4 years
- Founders – $6,000 award for up to 4 years
- Opportunity Grant – Up to $5,000 for up to 4 years
Transfer Merit Scholarships
- Transfer $11,000 award for up to 4 years
- Transfer $9,000 award for up to 4 years
- Transfer $7,000 award for up to 4 years
- Transfer $6,000 award for up to 4 years
Type B Scholarships
Students can only receive one scholarship from this category.
- Athletic – Varies by Team and Coach. To find out more about athletic scholarships and to see what athletic opportunities we have to offer visit Go Midway Eagles.
- Music — Scholarships are offered to participants of the Midway Chorale and Pep Band based on talent level. To Audition or for more information contact the Director of Music, Ms. Monica Heard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Majors -$2,000: Healthcare Administration, Pre-Professional & Psychology: Will be awarded to current students after major is declared, must meet a 3.0 GPA and maintain a 3.0 GPA to renew each year up to two years. Students must remain in the major to receive the award. International students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Minority Scholarship – The purpose of the Midway Minority scholarship is to attract students from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in higher education. Midway will award a total of six $5,000 scholarships each year. International students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- PATH Program Graduate – Every participant of the PATH program at Midway University will be eligible for a $3,000 scholarship. Enrollment in the PATH program must be verified by the PATH coordinator at Midway University before the scholarship is awarded. A completed application for Midway University is required and participants must meet the admission requirements of the University to be eligible for the scholarship.
Type C Scholarships
Students can only receive one scholarship from this category.
- Out of State Award – $2,000 for students who are residents of the United States that have a permanent address outside of the state of Kentucky. International students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Legacy Scholarship – $2,000 for students who have a sibling, parent, grandparent who graduated from Midway and proof of relationship.
- Disciples of Christ Scholarship – $2,000 for students who are members of the Disciples of Christ Church. Requires a letter from a minister.
- Governor’s Scholars Scholarship – $2,000 for students who have completed Kentucky’s Governor’s Scholars Program (GSP) Governor’s School for the Arts (GSA) or Governor’s School for Entrepreneurs (GSE). International students are not eligible for this scholarship.
Evening/Online Undergraduate Student Scholarships
- Online Access Scholarship – $500 per year: Full-time online students who are admitted with a 2.5 overall GPA, and will maintain a 2.5 for renewal, up to four years. This is not stackable with KCTCS Scholarship. Requires full-time enrollment to earn the award.
- Legacy Scholarship – $1,000 per year for students who have a sibling, parent, grandparent who graduated from Midway and proof ofrelation. Renewable for up to 4 years. Requires full time enrollment to earn the award.
- KCTCS Scholarship – $1,000 per year for students who have graduated from a KCTCS institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in an AA/AS/AAS degree program. Renewable for up to 2 years with a 2.5 GPA. This is not stackable with the Online Access Scholarship. Requires full-time enrollment to earn the award.
- International students are not eligible for Evening/Online Undergraduate scholarships.
Scholarship awards cannot exceed tuition or be used for room and board. The University reserves the right to make changes to its scholarships at any time.
Midway University offers a limited number of graduate assistant scholarships each year for the fall and spring terms. Graduate assistants can earn a scholarship of $250 per credit hour up to an annual maximum of $5,200. Graduate assistant candidates must be enrolled full time in the MBA program (6 credit hours per semester). Graduate assistants must apply for the position through the Career Opportunities link found on the Midway University website in order to be considered for the scholarship.
Other Financial Assistance
Many different organizations offer scholarships to assist students with expenses. High school guidance offices, employers, and professional and church organizations can all be possible resources for scholarship opportunities. The Financial Aid Office can provide students with additional information on scholarship search tips, free online search engines, and ways to avoid scholarship scams. Students receiving community scholarship funds should notify the Financial Aid Office.
Council of Independent Colleges General Tuition Exchange Program
Midway University holds membership in the Council of Independent Colleges General Tuition Exchange Program (CIC-TEP). Colleges and universities participating in this program have agreed to accept general tuition-free students from families of full-time employees of other CIC institutions (full-time as designated by the employer/institution). General tuition exchange awards do not represent an exchange of actual dollars, and the recipient of this award must reside on campus. CIC tuition exchange recipients are required to complete a FAFSA each year. The scholarship covers full time general tuition less duplicative aid. Complete information about this program may be obtained from the Financial Aid Office.
The University reserves the right to make changes to its scholarships at any time.