If you are an international student looking for a caring community, safe environment and strong academic programs, then Midway University is just the right place for you. Our university has educated many international students throughout the years and we welcome students from around the globe. A central part of our mission is global education and having a diverse student body helps us fulfill that.
The requirements listed below are the first step of your journey with our University. At Midway, you’ll enjoy living in the friendly, small-town setting while being only minutes away from the city of Lexington and an hour away from the metropolitan Louisville and Cincinnati—allowing you every opportunity to learn about life and culture in the United States.
Learn about our support services for international students provided by our Office of International Programs.
Please visit our catalog to review the requirements for admission.
International Undergraduate Students Application Process
- Complete the Application – Submit your online application. A nonrefundable application fee of $30 is required before the application can be processed. In addition, there is a $50 Undergraduate International Processing and Mailing Fee.
- Submit High School Transcript – Students are required to submit official High school transcripts, marksheets or academic record. if applicable, please include any other college-level transcripts in your submission. Detailed course by course evaluation may be requested from a student if required.All Athletes or students intending to play sports will be required to submit a course-by-course, detailed evaluation report of high school transcripts, marksheets, or academic records that reflect your GPA from schools outside the U.S. If applicable, please include any other college-level coursework in your submission. These documents should be submitted through one of the following:
- Submit Official TOEFL (Test Of English as a First Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) – TOEFL or IELTS results are required. Please see the minimum recommended criteria above.
- Official SAT or ACT scores – Midway University accepts official score reports from the testing organizations. Midway’s SAT code is 1467 and ACT is 1528.
- Submit Financial Guarantee – US immigration regulations require that students demonstrate their ability to finance the first year of education before receiving the 1-20. Bank statements, fund verification letter, CDs, stocks, and scholarship letters are acceptable forms of documentation.
- Bank statements and fund verification letters must be on official bank letterhead. These documents must be in English or be accompanied by an official English translation.
- A financial letter of support is required if a parent or family member is acting as a sponsor.
- Submit a copy of the photo page of your current passport
International Undergraduate Transfer Students
- Submit College Transcripts – If you have attended school or college in the U.S., request each college attended to send official college transcripts to the Office of Enrollment Services.
- If transfer credit is earned from a college or university outside the United States, transfer credit is only awarded when the transcript is accompanied by a course-by-course evaluation from one of the acceptable evaluating agencies listed above.
Graduate Degree-seeking International Students
International applicants are required to submit the following materials:
- Application – Complete and submit the international student application online with the non-refundable application fee of $60 USD.
- Financial Guarantee – United States immigration regulations require that students demonstrate the ability to finance the first year of education before receiving the I-20 form and admissions/scholarship letters. Bank statements are an acceptable form of documentation.
- Academic Records – Records must include courses taken, grades received, and degrees or certificates earned. An explanation of the coding or grading system used to evaluate the student’s work should accompany the records. This process must be completed by course by course evaluation through World Education Services (WES), Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., Educational Credential Evaluators, or International Credential Evaluations (Incred).
- Transfer students – Transfer students must have official transcripts sent from each institution of higher education attended, in English, as described above in academic records section.
- Transfer credit from a university outside the United States is awarded only when the transcript is accompanied by a professional course by course evaluation completed by one of the following approved agencies: World Education Services (WES), Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., Educational Credential Evaluators, or International Credential Evaluations (Incred).
- If the transfer student is presently residing in the United States, a photocopy of the current I-20 must be enclosed.
- TOEFL, IELTS, or DUOLINGO – results are required if applicant is a non-native English speaker. If applicant is a native English speaker then ACT or SAT is required.
- Students who have achieved a grade of C or higher in a college level English course at a US college or university may have the TOEFL/IELTS requirement waived.
- TOEFL of 550 written, 213 (computer version), 79-80 (internet based), a score of 6.5 bands on the IELTS, or a DUOLINGO score of 105 are generally required minimum scores for admission.
- Additional documents – Include a resume and copy of the photo page of the student’s passport.