If you are an international student looking for a caring community, safe environment and strong academic programs, then Midway University is just the right place for you. Our university has educated many international students throughout the years and we welcome students from around the globe. A central part of our mission is global education and having a diverse student body helps us fulfill that.
The requirements listed below are the first step of your journey with our University. At Midway, you’ll enjoy living in the friendly, small-town setting while being only minutes away from the city of Lexington and an hour away from the metropolitan Louisville and Cincinnati—allowing you every opportunity to learn about life and culture in the United States.
International Students Admissions Requirements
Recommended minimum criteria:
- GPA of 2.5 (4.0 scale)
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test results are required.
- Students achieving a grade of C or higher in a college-level English course at a US college or university can waive the TOEFL/IELTS requirement.
- Equivalent SAT score in lieu of TOEFL or IELTS
- TOEFL of 500 written, 173 (computer version), 61 (internet based), or score of 6.0 bands on the IELTS, or a Duolingo English Test score of 85 or higher are required minimum scores for admission.
International Students Application Process
- Complete the Application – Submit your online application. A nonrefundable application fee of $30 is required before the application can be processed. In addition, there is a $50 Undergraduate International Processing and Mailing Fee.
- Submit High School Transcript – Students are required to submit official High school transcripts, marksheets or academic record. if applicable, please include any other college-level transcripts in your submission. Detailed course by course evaluation may be requested from a student if required.All Athletes or students intending to play sports will be required to submit a course-by-course, detailed evaluation report of high school transcripts, marksheets, or academic records that reflect your GPA from schools outside the U.S. If applicable, please include any other college-level coursework in your submission. These documents should be submitted through one of the following:
- Submit Official TOEFL (Test Of English as a First Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) – TOEFL or IELTS results are required. Please see the minimum recommended criteria above.
- Official SAT or ACT scores – Midway University accepts official score reports from the testing organizations. Midway’s SAT code is 1467 and ACT is 1528.
- Submit Financial Guarantee – US immigration regulations require that students demonstrate their ability to finance the first year of education before receiving the 1-20. Bank statements, fund verification letter, CDs, stocks, and scholarship letters are acceptable forms of documentation.
- Bank statements and fund verification letters must be on official bank letterhead. These documents must be in English or be accompanied by an official English translation.
- A financial letter of support is required if a parent or family member is acting as a sponsor.
- Submit a copy of the photo page of your current passport
International Transfer Students
- Submit College Transcripts – If you have attended school or college in the U.S., request each college attended to send official college transcripts to the Office of Enrollment Services.
- If transfer credit is earned from a college or university outside the United States, transfer credit is only awarded when the transcript is accompanied by a course-by-course evaluation from one of the acceptable evaluating agencies listed above.
Learn about our support services for international students provided by our Office of International Programs.