Midway University is a private, non-profit coeducational institution founded in 1847 as the Kentucky Female Orphan School by physician and minister Dr. L.L. Pinkerton in affiliation with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
Current President: Dr. John P. Marsden (February 2013 to present)
Mission Statement: Midway University engages and challenges students to achieve individual growth, responsible citizenship, and meaningful careers through personalized educational experiences. (Adopted November 8, 2018)
- Full-Time: 115
- Part-Time: 151
- 3 major airports nearby:
- Lexington (LEX)
- Louisville (SDF)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- Our 200-acre campus includes a working horse farm with a herd of 35+ horses and 70 acres of pastureland
- Located in Midway in Woodford County, Kentucky (USA) – just 14 miles from Lexington. Our campus is 1 mile off the I-64 exit.
- Total Enrollment (Fall 2021): 1,827
- Daytime Undergrad: 735
- Online/Evening Undergrad: 433
- Graduate: 209
- Dual Credit: 450
- Daytime Undergrads:
- 65% In-State
- 31% Out-of-State
- 4% International
- Daytime Student Body:
- 59% Female
- 41% Male
- 21% Minority
- Residential population of 375 (Fall 2021)
- There are 8 official student organizations and 3 honor societies on campus.
- Students can participate in over 100 annual co-curricular activities.
Cost & Financial Aid
- First year daytime undergraduate students receive an average of $13,000 in financial aid.
- 99% of daytime undergraduate students receive institutional aid.
- Daytime Undergraduate Costs:
- Tuition – $24,500 per year
- Room – $3,200 – $5,400
- Board – $3,090 – $4,320
- Cost Per Credit Hour:
- Online – $395
- RN-BSN – $295
- MBA – $475
- M.Ed. – $250
- 20+ career-focused majors, pre-professional programs, and 3 graduate programs available.
- 80% of full-time faculty have terminal degrees.
- Daytime Undergrad Retention Rates:
- Fall ’20 – Fall ’21: 75%
- Fall ’20 – Spring ’21: 91%
- Midway University has an average class size of 17 and a 15:1 student to faculty ratio.
- Degrees Offered:
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- There are 27 athletic teams as of Fall 2021, including 2 equestrian teams.
- Athletic Conferences:
- River State
- USA Archery
- U.S. Bowling Congress
- The Midway Eagles achieved the Champions of Character Gold Level in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Midway University student-athletes earned an average 3.12 GPA for the 2020-21 academic year.
- Mascot: Eagles
- Colors: Blue and Gold
- Recent Conference Championships:
- Women’s Golf: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2021
- Men’s Golf: 2021
- Baseball: 2017
- Western Team: 2020
Midway University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, and master degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Midway University. (Revised Feb. 2013)
Program accreditation is as follows:
The ADN, BSN and MSN nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN), 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326, Phone 404.975.5000, Fax 404.975.5020 (www.acenursing.org)
Midway University’s ADN program is approved by the Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN), 312 Whittington Parkway, Louisville, KY 40222, Phone 800.305.2042, Fax 502.696.5762 (www.kbn.ky.gov)
Kentucky Educational and Professional Standards Board (EPSB), 100 Airport Road, 3rd Floor, Frankfort, KY 40601, Phone 502.564.4606, Fax 502.564.7080 (www.kyepsb.net).