Midway University Reports Seven Years of Enrollment Growth
Midway University is once again celebrating growth and record enrollments. Overall the headcount this fall has reached 1,901, marking the seventh straight year of growth and record total enrollment. The University also has experienced record enrollment in its undergraduate class for the seventh consecutive year with its largest ever incoming class of 297 undergraduates (topping last year’s record class of 292). Graduate student enrollment is at an all-time high of 238 – another record enrollment for Midway University.
“With our record incoming class, our campus vibrancy is at an all-time high, said Dr. John P. Marsden, President, Midway University. “Students were excited to arrive on campus during move-in, and we celebrated with a wonderful Week of Welcome, which included numerous activities throughout the following week.”
“Our value proposition has led to our continued growth,” added Marsden. “We have held our tuition cost for several years in a row continuing our mission to make college affordable. Our career-focused majors lead to industry jobs, and our location in a rural, safe community with the amenities of nearby cities provides hands-on learning opportunities making us a good choice for students. Growing our international recruitment at both the undergraduate and graduate levels also has fueled our growth.”
“With the continued years of enrollment growth we are also seeing record occupancy in our campus housing,” noted Dr. Rusty Kennedy, Vice President of Admissions and Athletics. “Students want to come to Midway University and live on campus. Our athletics programs are strong and are assisting with our recruitment efforts as more students are looking to continue to participate in the sport they love while pursuing their degree. Within our graduate programs, we are seeing growth as many turn to advanced degrees to strengthen their career prospects. And our dual credit population continues to grow as we expand offerings and partnerships with area high schools.”
Here are highlights of the University’s enrollment and the incoming class profile.
- The University’s total enrollment of 1,901 includes all evening and online undergraduate and graduate students along with dual credit students.
- Total traditional undergraduate enrollment is now at 777 students, an all-time high.
- Graduate enrollment of 238 students is an all-time high.
- Dual credit enrollment of 473 is at an all-time high.
Incoming Class of 297 Students
- The incoming undergraduate class of 297 is split 59% male and 41% female, which marks the first time in the University’s history that men have outnumbered women.
- The in-state students make up 54% of the class with 38% from out-of-state and 8% international.
- The incoming cohort of 23 internationals students are from 15 countries.