How to Set up an Office 365 email on Android Based Devices (OS 3 and above)
1. Tap Settings > Accounts > Add account > Email.
2. Type your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and your password, and then select Next.
3. Select Exchange.
4. If prompted, accept the defaults on the Exchange server settings page, and select Next. If your device can’t connect, enter the following account information, and then select Next.
o Domain\Username Type your full email address in this box, for example, email@example.com. If Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty and type your full email address in the Username box.
o Password Use the password that you use to access your Midway Email account.
o Exchange Server The server for Office 365 is outlook.office365.com.
5. As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the Account Options page displays. Select the options for how you want to receive your mail, and then select Next.
6. If you see an Activate device administrator? page, select Activate.
7. Type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others.
8. Select Done to complete the email setup and start using your account.
NOTE: You may need to wait ten-to-fifteen minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive e-mail.
How to Set up an Office 365 email on IOS Based Devices
1. Tap Settings > Accounts > Add account > Email.
2. Select Exchange.
3. Type your full Midway.edu email address and password, and then tap Next.
If the phone cannot find your settings, you need to add them. If you have an Office 365 Exchange email account, in Server, type outlook.office365.com, then add your Email address as Username and Password. This is the same username and password you use for work or school.
4. By default, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information are synchronized. Tap Save.
5. If you’re prompted to create a passcode, tap Continue and type a numeric passcode. If you’re prompted and don’t set up a passcode, you can’t view this account on your device. You can also set up a passcode later in your settings.
How to Set up an Office 365 email on Windows Phone
1. In the App list, tap Settings > email+account > add an account. Select the account type. For example, Outlook.
2. Type your work or school account, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and your email account password. Tap Sign in. When the account is set up, tap Done.
3. On the email+account screen, tap your account to open it. From the account settings, you can:
o Rename the account
o Set how much content to download
o Make sure check boxes for content—for example, email, contacts, calendar, and tasks—you want to sync are selected.
4. Tap Done when you’re finished.
How to Set up an Office 365 email on Windows PC
1. Open Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013. If the Microsoft Outlook Startup Wizard opens, on the first page of the wizard click Next. On the E-mail Accounts page, click Next to set up an email account.
If the Microsoft Outlook Startup Wizard doesn’t open, on the Outlook toolbar click the File tab. Then click Add Account above the Account Settings button.
2. On the Auto Account Setup page, Outlook may automatically fill in the Your Name and E-mail Address settings based on how you’re logged on to your computer. If the settings are filled in and they’re correct, click Next to have Outlook finish setting up your account.
If the settings on the Auto Account Setup page aren’t filled in or aren’t correct, do the following:
o Type in your full name as you would like displayed for each email you send and your @Midway email address and click next
o If the name in the Your Name box isn’t correct, you may need to reset the options on the Auto Account Setup page before you can edit your name. To reset the options, click Manually configure server settings or additional server types > E-mail Account.
3. Click Next and Outlook searches online to find your email server settings. You’ll be prompted to enter your user name and password during this search. Make sure that you type your full email address (for example, email@example.com) as your user name.
If Outlook is able to set up your account, you’ll see this message: “Congratulations! Your email account is successfully configured and ready to use.” Click Finish.
How to Set up an Office 365 email on OSX
If you’re running Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard or Mac OS 10.7 Lion and beyond, use these steps to set up your connection to your email using an Exchange account.
1. Open Mail, and then do one of the following:
o If you’ve never set up any email accounts using Mail, the Welcome to Mail page will appear. Go to step 2.
o If you’ve already created email accounts using Mail, on the Mail menu, click Preferences. On the Accounts tab, click the plus sign (+) at the bottom of the navigation pane to open the Add Accountwindow.
2. In the Welcome to Mail or Add Account window:
a. In the Full Name box, enter the name you want to display to people you send email to.
b. In the Email Address box, enter your @Midway email address.
c. In the Password box, enter the password for your email account, and then click Continue.
The Mail program will use the information you entered in the previous step to try to set up your email account automatically.
3. If the Mail program was able to set up your account automatically, in the Account Summary dialog box, under Also set up, select the additional options you want to set up for the account. If you want to use the Address Book program that’s included in Mac OS select Address Book contacts.
a. If you want to use the iCal calendar program that’s included in Mac OS select iCal calendars.
b. After you’ve selected the options you want, click Create.