This rate makes our program Kentucky's most affordable M.Ed.
All coursework is online for convenience
Midway University’s Master of Education (M.Ed.) Teacher Leader Program is designed for teachers who wish to continue working in the classroom while developing leadership skills to help themselves and others become effective teachers and create positive learning environments.
Our educational leadership program for teachers focuses on preparing teachers to improve practices in their schools. The program also prepares candidates to serve as change agents who improve student performance as well as school culture and climate.
Preparing Candidates as Leaders
- 1. Evaluating high quality research on student learning;
- 2. Planning for differentiated instruction in diverse P-12 classrooms;
- 3. Enhancing expertise in content knowledge;
- 4. Incorporating reflective practices;
- 5. Providing clinical experiences that examine student achievement in diverse settings;
- 6. Enhancing instructional design using Kentucky Core Academic Standards (KCAS) and EPSB Themes; and
- 7. Providing evidence of mastery of Advanced-level Kentucky Teacher Standards.
Application for Admission
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended
- 3.0 GPA from degree-granting institution
- Principal Recommendation Form
In addition to varied program delivery, each course provides opportunities for different learning and teaching styles, depending on content. Each syllabus contains a list that identifies the teaching or learning methods taught or used in the course.
- 100% online
- Be a part of a vibrant learning community
- Online webinars and discussions
- Problem-based Inquiry Learning
- Job Embedded Projects
- Culturally-Responsive Teaching and Learning
- Action Research
Cost- Kentucky’s Most Affordable M.Ed. Program*
*Midway University waives its Learning Management System fees for teachers enrolled in the M.Ed. program making this the most cost-effective program of its kind in the state.
|Course Number||Name of Course||Credit Hours|
Major Course Requirements
|EDU 501||Teachers as Professional Leaders||3|
|EDU 502||Closing the Achievement Gap through Assessment, Evaluation and Data Analysis||3|
|EDU 503||Action Research for Teacher Leaders||3|
|EDU 504||Content Area Literacy Instruction and Leadership||3|
|EDU 511||Teaching for Equity and Justice in Schools through Leadership||3|
|EDU 506||Educational Policy and Law for Teacher Leaders||3|
|EDU 507||Teacher Leadership: Collaborating, Coaching and Mentoring with Teachers||3|
|EDU 508||Professional Growth and Development in Teacher Leadership||3|
|EDU 509||Topics and Trends in P-12 Schools||3|
|EDU 531||Action Research for Teacher Leaders II||3|
Total - M.Ed