Academic Requirements: Freshmen applicants for admission are evaluated based upon the following criteria:
• High School transcript or GED
• ACT or SAT results
• Class rank and grade point average (GPA)
• Recommendations and/or personal interviews, when requested
Recommended minimum criteria:
• 18 ACT / 1290 SAT
• 2.5 GPA (4.0 scale)
• Top 50% class rank
Required High School preparation:
• Algebra — 2 years
• English — 4 years
• Social Sciences — 2 years
• Science — 2 years
International students may apply for admission as freshmen or transfers. The application deadline for fall is July 1 and for spring is November 15. By following the deadlines, you will have ample time for long distance correspondence, obtaining a US visa and making travel arrangements. An international applicant to Midway is required to submit the following materials:
1. Application form: a fully completed and signed Midway College application must be submitted to the Office of Enrollment Services. Incomplete forms will result in delays.
2. Complete the electronic application for admission. A $10 application fee is required for all applications. Applicants can pay using credit card immediately after completing the electronic application. Applications will not be processed until the fee is received.
3. Financial Guarantee: US immigration regulations require that students demonstrate their ability to finance the first year of education before receiving the 1-20 AB form. The financial information form must be included along with required documentation (bank statements, etc.).
4. Academic Records: The student should send complete, official academic records in English, directly to the Office of Enrollment Services. Records should include courses taken, grades received, and degrees of certificates earned. An explanation of the coding system used to evaluate the student's work should accompany the records.
5. International Transfer Students should have official transcripts sent from each institution of higher education attended, in English, as described above. Course descriptions and/or syllabi from those institutions must also be included. If the transfer student is presently residing in the United States, a photocopy of their current I-20 must be enclosed.
• To download a printable (PDF) application form, click here.
• Acrobat Reader is required to view and print the above form; to download free Acrobat Reader, click here.
• To apply online, click here.
• Test Scores: Students who have taken the ACT or SAT and are interested in financial aid should submit their SAT or ACT scores. Our SAT code is 1467 and our ACT code is 1528. TOEFL results are required for non-native English speakers—550 written, 213 computer, 79-80 internet scores are recommended minimum scores for admission. Midway College does not offer preparatory English classes.
• Athletic Eligibility: All students who attend Midway College have the opportunity to participate in intercollegiate athletics. To participate, you must submit documentation showing your class rank, SAT scores, and cumulative GPA on a 4.0 grading scale. You must also document work experience if you have been out of secondary school for more than six months.
• Photographs: We request that two passport-sized photographs with the student's name on the back of each be included with the application