My Awards

Step 1: Read ALL financial aid awarding policies below

Accepting your award offer from Midway College means you have read and understand these policies. The information is very important and should be kept for your records. You may request a paper copy of these policies by contacting the Financial Aid Office.

• Continuation of financial aid is not automatic. Students must reapply each year by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at as soon as possible after January 1st.

• Awards are adjusted according to enrollment status. Adding or dropping courses at any time during the semester may result in an adjustment of your awards. Students should contact our office when considering enrollment changes.

• Students who withdraw from school must notify the Financial Aid Office. Students earn the financial aid they receive at the beginning of the term by completing coursework, so students can lose financial aid by failing to complete all courses in a term. This can result in a balance owed to the College. Financial aid is adjusted based on the College’s refund policy, federal refund policies, and the date of withdrawal.

• Students must notify the Financial Aid Office of any outside scholarships or awards (i.e., external scholarships, grants, veteran’s benefits, employer reimbursements).

• Students must maintain good academic standing and make satisfactory academic progress in order to continue to receive financial aid. Policies for satisfactory progress are outlined on the Midway College website.

• If there is a credit on the account after enrollment is verified and financial aid is disbursed, you will receive a credit balance check. Checks are issued from the Business Office and are mailed after the second week of class once your attendance is confirmed by the professor. If you wish to use your expected credit for book purchases, you should contact the Business Office at 859-846-5402 or

• Account balances not covered by financial aid must be paid before the beginning of each term. Contact the Business Office at 859-846-5402 or for payment and payment plan options.

• The Financial Aid Office reserves the right to adjust/cancel awards based on enrollment status, availability of funds, and any outside scholarships or reimbursements you may receive.

Step 2: Complete Loan Counseling & Promissory Note
(First Time Borrowers only)

If you are accepting Federal Direct Loans for the first time, you must complete the TWO items described below at Note: You will only need to complete each of these items one time while you are a Midway College student.

     • Entrance Counseling – Federal regulations require that you receive information about your rights and responsibilities as a student loan borrower. Please complete Entrance Counseling at Click on the "Entrance Counseling" link, and then sign in to the secure website using your  federal PIN to complete the counseling online.

     • Master Promissory Note (MPN) – The MPN is a legally binding agreement stating that the borrower promises to repay the principal with interest. Please complete the MPN at Click on the "Master Promissory Note" link, and then sign in to the secure website using your federal PIN to complete the MPN online for a "Subsidized/Unsubsidized" loan type.

Step 3: Log onto the Portal to view and accept your Award Offer

Under the WebAdvisor heading on Portal you will click on “Financial Aid” to work with your aid. Select “Accept or reject my financial aid awards” and select the appropriate award year to view your Award Offer. You will see your award types and amounts listed by term. Under “Current Status” you will have the option to accept or decline the aid types as desired. At the bottom of the page, you will see a calculation of the total aid you have accepted for the year. If you have problems accessing your Portal account, please visit to submit a help request or call 859-846-4357 for assistance.