1. Apply for Admission to Midway College.
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Complete the FAFSA online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ as soon as possible on or after January 1st to maximize your eligibility for state and federal financial aid. Be sure to list Midway’s school code, 001975. A FAFSA must be completed every year that a student is in college.
3. Follow-up with any necessary paperwork and forms. Approximately thirty percent of all students who file a FAFSA are selected by the federal government for review in a process called verification. If you are selected for verification, you will be notified on your Student Aid Report (SAR) and then by Midway’s Financial Aid Office by email. If selected, you will be required to complete a verification worksheet and complete the IRS data retrieval process on the FAFSA.
4. Let us know about any special circumstances you and your family may face. If you and your family experience any unusual circumstances that will have an impact on your finances such as divorce, death of a parent or loss of employment, please let us know. Contact our office for more information about these circumstances.
5. Check out your financial aid package. Once your financial aid package is complete, you will receive an email letting you know that your financial aid package is ready to review online. At that time, you will be able to accept or decline each of the financial aid options available to you.
6. Need help? Contact us! Our friendly and knowledgeable staff in the Financial Aid Office is here to give you the individual attention you need to understand and evaluate all of your financial aid options.We can be reached Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at (859) 846-5410 or by email at email@example.com.