Military Students

Midway University participates in many programs to assist veterans, active duty service members and their families with college costs. Midway has been authorized by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the U.S. Department of Defense, and the Kentucky Approving Agency for Veterans Education to participate in educational assistance programs. Midway College is proud to serve our service members and families through assisting with the following VA programs:

  • Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty Program
  • Chapter 31 – VA Vocational Rehabilitation
  • Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon Program
  • Chapter 35 – Survivors & Dependents Educational Assistance
  • Chapter 1606 – Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserves
  • Chapter 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)

How to apply:

The GI Bill website offers comprehensive information for veterans and families regarding all VA education assistance programs and the application process for each. The site also offers a benefits calculator and a side-by-side comparison of the programs for which students may qualify. Note: Students receiving military benefits may also be eligible for other forms of federal and state aid in addition to military funding. Review information here or contact the Financial Aid Office about how to apply for other forms of financial aid.

Next Steps

  • Submit application to VA at
  • Supply the Certifying Official at Midway University a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) once you receive it from the VA.
  • Upon receipt of your COE and your enrollment in Midway University courses, the Certifying Official will verify your enrollment with the VA to begin your benefit payments.

Other Educational Assistance Programs for Service Members and Families:

  • Federal Tuition Assistance (TA) program Active Duty Army, National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers should visit to explore eligibility and apply for the Tuition Assistance (TA) program.
  • Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program Military spouses interested in the MyCAA should visit for eligibility and application.
  • Kentucky National Guard assistance programs. Members of the Kentucky National Guard should visit to learn about available federal and state programs.

Need help determining eligibility or receiving benefits? Contact us!

Craig Snider, Midway University VA Certifying Official | | 859.846.5728
Financial Aid Office | | 859.846.5410


More Events >

Admissions Events

More Events >

Virtual Tour

Request Information

Apply Now