Midway College’s Master of Education (M.Ed) Teacher Leader Program is designed for teachers desiring to continue to serve in teaching positions while developing leadership skills to help themselves and others become effective teachers and create positive learning environments. Our teacher leader program focuses on preparing teachers to improve practices in their schools. The program also prepares candidates to serve as change agents who improve student performance as well as school culture and climate.
Preparing Candidates as Leaders
The program curriculum integrates the following elements throughout the courses.
1. Evaluating high quality research on student learning;
2. Planning for differentiated instruction in diverse P-12 classrooms;
3. Enhancing expertise in content knowledge;
4. Incorporating reflective practices;
5. Providing clinical experiences that examine student achievement
in diverse settings;
6. Enhancing instructional design using Kentucky Core Academic Standards (KCAS) and EPSB Themes; and
7. Providing evidence of mastery of Advanced-level Kentucky Teacher Standards.
• Application for Admission
• Official transcripts from each college or university attended
• 3.0 GPA from degree-granting institution
• Official GRE scores within the last 5 years
• Principal Recommendation Form
In addition to varied program delivery, each course provides opportunities for different learning and teaching styles, depending on content. Each syllabus contains a list that identifies the teaching and learning methods taught or used in the course.
• 100% Online
• Be part of a vibrant learning
• Online webinars and discussions
• Problem-based Inquiry Learning
• Job Embedded Projects
• Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning
• Action Research
Available through: GRADON
|Master of Education required courses||30|
|Teachers as Professional Leaders EDU 525||3|
|Closing the Achievement Gap EDU 535||3|
|Action Research for Teacher Leaders 1 EDU 550||3|
|Content Area Literacy Instruction EDU 560||3|
|Teaching for Equity and Justice EDU 580||3|
|Education Policy and Law EDU 605||3|
|Teacher Leadership EDU 625||3|
|Professional Growth and Development EDU 650||3|
|Topics and Trends in P-12 Schools EDU 675||3|
|Action Research for Teacher Leaders 2 EDU 685||3|
If you’re interested in a graduate program in education, contact Midway College today for more information.